What is Aunt Flow?
- A company devoted to fulfilling period product needs.
- A community actively dedicated to combating period poverty.
- A problem solver focused on crafting unique period product programs for clients.
- A valued partner striving to help clients expand accessibility in the workplace.
Why is Period Poverty An Issue in the US?
- 30 states still tax period products as luxury goods.
- 2/3 of low-income menstruators can’t afford period products.
- 1 in 5 teens in the US have struggled to afford period products or were not able to purchase them at all.
THE GOOD NEWS: Over 30 states have introduced/passed legislation requiring schools to offer free period products.
Introducing Aunt Flow to Your School: A Simple Process
- Fill out an interest form to get a quote on our website.
- Reach out to Student Government and other organizations to form an alliance.
- Present a project plan and quote to the school Administration/School Government for funding.
- Launch the project after finalizing funding, communication and maintenance plans.
Aunt Flow team members are here to support you every step of the way!
Success Story: Princeton University
In 2017, a student-led Menstrual Products Task Force at Princeton University launched a pilot survey to understand student wants and needs. In Spring 2019, the project plan was approved by the University Administration. By August 2019, 56 bathrooms across campus were stocked with Aunt Flow products!
Princeton University Survey Stats: Of Aunt Flow product users, 81.5% recommend or strongly recommend Aunt Flow products.
Pro Tips for Student Advocacy
- Emphasize Aunt Flow’s sustainability and social advocacy. Students care about this!
- Survey students to understand their preferences and increase product usage. According to a Princeton University survey, product quality is the most important factor in determining student product usage.
- Research the most trafficked campus spots and survey students about where to prioritize placing products.
- Work with custodial staff to develop a system for keeping products consistently stocked.
Contact Aunt Flow today to improve period product accessibility at your school!