Make way, we’re coming to the UK for the 2023 Loo of the Year Awards!
What is the Loo of the Year Awards?
The annual Loo of the Year Awards is a competition that recognizes and rewards the very best washrooms throughout the UK and Ireland.
Since its introduction in 1987, the independently run and owned competition has focused on the simple objective: To encourage the highest possible standards in all ‘away from home’ washrooms. Winning a Loo of the Year Award is an established benchmark of washroom provision and compliance with national standards.
The Period Dignity Award
A Period Dignity Award-Winning washroom provides a safe and hygienic place for people who menstruate. By providing touch-free, hygienic, in-cubicle sanitary bins and free period products, we can create an environment that is welcoming to menstruators!
Period Dignity Washrooms are defined by, but not limited to, the following criteria:
- Provision of free period products in all washrooms (female, male, and gender-free)
- Regular stocking-up of period products to ensure they are available when needed
- Provision of touch-free sanitary waste disposal bins in every cubicle
- Provision of menstrual waste disposal bags for containment of sanitary waste
- Regular and thorough emptying and sanitizing of sanitary hygiene bins
Citron Hygiene and Aunt Flow, along with Loo of the Year, are committed to advocating for menstrual equity and period dignity.
We are looking forward to seeing how all of the Loo of the Year contestants provide period dignity in their washrooms. See the full list of criteria and learn how we can work together at: citronhygiene.co.uk/period-dignity-award