The GCCC was recognized as the number one convention center in the world in the category for centers with 100,000-500,000 feet of space. We recently caught up with Sue Graves, Assistant General Manager of the Greater Columbus Convention Center (GCCC) to congratulate her and her team on their Exhibitor Media Group Top Convention Center of 2020 win! As a long-term customer of Aunt Flow, we wanted to take a moment to recognize this tremendous achievement, and learn more about what makes GCCC so fantastic.
With over 41.6 million visitors flocking to the city of Columbus in 2019 alone, the Greater Columbus Convention Center is poised to redefine hospitality and entertainment standards in the US. Why did they choose Aunt Flow for their menstrual needs?
- Sustainability: Aunt Flow products are packaged with biodegradable paper – no plastic allowed!
- Product Quality: We use 100% natural, organic cotton in our pads and tampons. That means no synthetics, chemicals, dyes, or perfumes.
- Reliability: Over 350 businesses and schools across North America choose Aunt Flow, with Google, Twitter, and Princeton University among them.
- Affordability: Implementation of a quality, sustainable menstrual program with Aunt Flow accounted for 0.01% of the annual revenue reported for the GCCC.
The Convention Center at a glance:
The GCCC ensures guest and visitor accommodations that value diversity, inclusion, and comfort. When asked about their decision to implement Aunt Flow products in their restrooms, Sue Graves said, “Aunt Flow has been a terrific partner of the GCCC. Without your partnership, we would not be the number 1 convention center in the world. You help us create better experiences.”
Director of Happiness, Anne Weigand, has been working to support Sue and her team as they implemented a menstrual product program. When asked about the importance of offering free pads and tampons, Anne said, “From our first meeting, it was clear that Sue and her team were looking to improve the overall experience of their space. Despite excellent reviews and feedback from guests, the team at GCCC was committed to making their convention center even better for both employees and guests.”
This sentiment was echoed by Sue, “We have appreciated making our female population feel comfortable about being in a place that values diversity, looks for ways to create wonderful experiences and bring kindness and comfort and security to a greater population of people.”
Interested in leveling up YOUR convention center with Aunt Flow? GET A QUOTE
- Know a business or school that needs to provide freely-accessible menstrual products? Contact Anne Weigand at firstname.lastname@example.org or (562) 320-8265 to help a location join the Menstrual Movement.