$85,000 — $100,000 ANNUALLY
Ideally Columbus, Ohio
About Aunt Flow:
Aunt Flow is the first full solution to help businesses and schools stock their bathrooms with freely accessible tampons and pads. Our free-vend, wall-mounted dispenser allows companies to provide our organic cotton menstrual products at no charge to their employees, students, and guests.
Our clients love working with us because:
- We provide high quality period products
- We have a strong brand voice in the #menstrualmovement
- We are woman-owned
- We are committed to sustainability
About the Role:
Aunt Flow is looking to manage our amazing growth by adding a Controller to join our fast-paced, fun, remote team!
We believe in making the world better for people with periods and are passionate about putting customers first. We need a team member who truly inspires others and believes in the impact Aunt Flow can make!
We are looking for an experienced Controller to oversee all financial functions of Aunt Flow and develop its finance strategy and vision. The Controller will play a key role leading on budgeting, forecasting, reporting, and analyzing the financial performance of Aunt Flow’s fast-growing and fast-changing business. This role serves as a trusted strategic business partner with the leaders of Aunt Flow.
This critical position will be passionate for their profession and have great knowledge for all things finance & budget management. The perfect candidate can balance a practical mindset with a creative business acumen!
The starting salary range for this role is $85,000 with equity incentives. Opportunity to negotiate, based on experience.
Who You Are:
- You are a strategic thinker & problem solver with the ability to be hands-on.
- You have extensive experience with High-Growth inventory based businesses.
- You are prepared to provide leadership to the organization’s management team, while fostering a culture of accountability, professional development, high-performance, and ethical behavior.
- You can identify where improvements can be made and develop budgeting and growth strategies to move us towards a path of profitability.
- You have the ability to Manage cash flow & provide recommendations to reduce costs and improve financial performance.
- You have experience working with Department heads to build their annual budgets and forecasts.
- You have addressed investor requests and guided a team through fundraising rounds.
You have prior experience and a strong track record of success in venture backed inventory-based startups.
- You are excited to review our current debt strategy and help us secure further funding.
- You have the ability to create financial reports and provide feedback to the leadership team at company meetings.
- You are excited to increase Aunt Flow’s efficiency and profitability by assisting the Leadership Team with the formulation of medium and long-term financial models.'
- You are experienced in managing end-to-end financial projects, culminating in presentations to executive teams and execution of the complete project scope.
- You are a clear and diplomatic communicator with the ability to facilitate complicated financial discussions with the leadership team.
- You are able to work independently with a high level of initiative and self-motivation.
- You are a skilled time manager, know how to focus on a task, and work well in a fast- paced environment.
- You are excited to join us on our mission to “Change the world, one cycle at a time”
- You have the desire to educate and start conversations on Menstrual Equity
- You have prior sales, customer service, or marketing experience
- You have experience with HubSpot or Salesforce and other virtual selling tools such as Zoom or Microsoft Teams
- You look forward to learning every day
- You have complete accountability over your role and functional area
- You are a skilled time manager, know how to focus on a task, and feel proud when you check something off your to-do list
- You are a self-starter who aims to learn, grow, and excel in your role
- You embody dedication, passion, and energy
- You have a sense of urgency and hustle
- You enjoy and are very comfortable talking on the phone and communicating with people
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- You will work with Department heads to evaluate previous budgets and expenditures to develop and implement future budgets
- You will produce financial models to project long term growth and determine the impacting business factors, as well as provide insights to Leadership around financial modeling, forecasts and profitability
- You will analyze financial and operational results to better understand company performance
- You will communicate results and recommendations to Leadership for improvements that will lead to cost reduction, revenue generation and streamlining operations
- You will work with our contracted accountant team to finalize the month end close.
- You will review existing processes and procedures to develop recommendations for improvement efforts, including enhancing existing and developing new internal controls
- You will assist the CEO in future equity and debt fundraising efforts
- You will review operations and recommend new productivity, cost saving, and cash flow initiatives
- You will prepare business cases to support new investment, strategic and other business decisions.
- You are excited to continuously improve Aunt Flow’s financial model and reporting and analysis tools to better assess and direct the leadership team's financial planning and performance.
- You will deliver competitor analysis, market trends and associated commentary to the Leadership team
- You will report directly to our CEO.
WHAT EXPERIANCE YOU HAVE:
- 5+ years of progressive experience in the Financial field.
- BS in Accounting, Finance, Economic, Business or Public Administration preferred or professional qualification such as CA or CPA or CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) certification).
- Previous experience in high-growth and venture-backed businesses.
- Strong analytical skills, including the utilization of BI and reporting tools, and ability to process large amounts of data to assess business opportunities.
- Experience overseeing inventory based business with physical products.
- Comfortable building processes from the ground up & working as an individual contributor.
- Thorough understanding of statutory accounting principles and financial statement modeling.
- Excellent communicator with experience distilling complex information into articulate narratives that cater to wide audiences.
- Desire to work in a dynamic and fast paced startup environment.
- Advanced computer software skills, including writing macros in Excel and other accounting packages.
- Familiarity and commitment to equity, social justice, and Aunt Flow’s mission.
What We Offer:
- Health, dental, and vision benefits
- Employee assistance program
- Generous paid vacation, sick, and parental leave
- Competitive pay
- Remote work with annual team onsite
- Home office stipend
- Donation program
- Learning and development opportunities
- Values-driven organization
Learn More About Aunt Flow
Our Hiring Ethos
We are always looking to grow our team with people from unique backgrounds, identities, and experiences. If you are driven by making the world better for people with periods and are ready to fight for menstrual equity, please consider joining our team.
We understand that any recruitment process is a two-way street so we look forward to getting to know you while also making sure you get to know us. We pride ourselves on running an efficient and transparent process and are always available to answer any questions you may have.
founder + ceo
Hi! I’m Claire. I founded Aunt Flow after getting my period in public without the supplies needed.
Founded in 2016, Aunt Flow is a certified WBENC women-owned company based in Columbus, Ohio. At 18 years old, I dedicated my life to developing a solution to ensure businesses and schools could sustainably provide quality period products, for free, in bathrooms. Our products are made with organic cotton (no weird stuff) and we are constantly working to reduce our environmental impact! For every 10 tampons and pads we sell, we donate 1 to a menstruator in need. I call this people helping people. PERIOD.®