Advocacy & Social Impact Manager
Anywhere in the US (Ideally Columbus, Ohio)
About Aunt Flow:
Aunt Flow is the first full solution to help businesses and schools stock their bathrooms with freely accessible tampons and pads. Our free-vend, wall-mounted dispenser allows companies to provide our organic cotton menstrual products at no charge to their employees, students, and guests.
Our clients love working with us because:
- We provide high quality period products
- We have a strong brand voice in the #menstrualmovement
- We are woman-owned
- We are committed to sustainability
About the Role:
Aunt Flow is looking to continue our amazing growth by adding an Advocacy & Social Impact Manager to join our fast-paced, fun, remote marketing team!
We believe in making the world better for people with periods and are passionate about putting customers first. We need a team member who truly inspires others and believes in the impact Aunt Flow can make!
The Advocacy & Social Impact Manager will focus on moving forward Aunt Flow’s policy and advocacy efforts. This role will be a liaison with the government, advocates, and partners working at the federal, state, and local levels on brand awareness. This critical position identifies and coordinates federal, state, and local opportunities for Aunt Flow to achieve our goals and establishes connections with relevant coalitions to engage them in policy efforts.
The salary range for this role is $85,000 - $100,000, with the opportunity to negotiate, based on experience.
Who You Are:
- You are a future leader, striving to lead & grow a community based movement!
- You are a wonderful Public Speaker, looking for opportunities to advocate for a mission!
- You have an understanding of public policy as it relates to schools and education.
- You get excited to have complete ownership and accountability over your role and functional area.
- You are a skilled time manager, know how to focus on a task, and feel proud when you check something off your to-do list.
- You embody dedication, passion, and energy.
- You have a sense of urgency and hustle!
- You are excited to join our mission to “Change the world, one cycle at a time”!
- You have a thorough understanding of our mission & the Menstrual Movement, at large.
- You are a self-starter, and are able to hit the ground running in building relationships with coalitions.
What you will do:
- You will position Aunt Flow as the driver of education and a thought leader throughout the Menstrual Movement.
- You will lead the charge in legislation, coalition building & grassroots lobbying.
- You will be a major partner in Aunt Flow’s Donation program.
- You will create & own projects from iteration to completion.
- You will guide, gather and distribute step-by-step processes to accomplish Advocacy goals.
- You will be a Brand Advocate & a future-forward thinker - “The party starter for the menstrual movement”!
- You will build partnerships, negotiate contracts, & navigate strategic deals in the best interest of Aunt Flow with signature partners.
- You will have responsibility for overseeing partnerships/ signature partners relationships.
- You will work on lobbying for policy change with legal Advocate experts.
- You will be the source of truth for upcoming & current menstrual legislation in the States.
- You will support data collection, tracking, and reporting of initiatives to manage completion of the annual social impact report.
- You will provide resources for state-wide grants and lend additional support to on the ground advocates.
- You will use strategic marketing tools to create a call to action for the Menstrual Movement.
- You will work with college students to advocate for equitable access to menstrual products.
- You will travel one to three times a quarter for events or in-person collaborations.
- You will work independently as well as cross-functionally help build an advocacy program from the ground up.
- You will have a thorough understanding of Aunt Flow’s business, and consistently answer questions pertaining to average usage, cost, etc.
What Experience You Have:
- 5 - 10 years of experience.
- Experience in policy, promotional, and advocacy work.
- Experience in lobbying or drafting legislation is preferred.
- Government and public policy background to support the success of advocacy efforts and coalition membership.
- Preferably with public / private partnership experience.
- Experience managing a team of people or agency partners.
- Experience working with non-profit partners.
- Previous experience or familiarity with social impact reporting is preferred.
What We Offer:
- Health, dental, and vision benefits
- Employee assistance program
- Generous paid vacation, sick, and parental leave
- Competitive pay
- Remote work with annual team onsite
- Home office stipend
- Donation program
- Learning and development opportunities
- Values-driven organization
Learn More About Aunt Flow
Our Hiring Ethos
We are always looking to grow our team with people from unique backgrounds, identities, and experiences. If you are driven by making the world better for people with periods and ready to get your hands dirty, please consider joining our team.
We understand that any recruitment process is a two-way street so we look forward to getting to know you while also making sure you get to know us. We pride ourselves on running an efficient and transparent process and are always available to answer any questions you may have.
founder + ceo
Hi! I’m Claire. I founded Aunt Flow after getting my period in public without the supplies needed.
Founded in 2016, Aunt Flow is a certified WBENC women-owned company based in Columbus, Ohio. At 18 years old, I dedicated my life to developing a solution to ensure businesses and schools could sustainably provide quality period products, for free, in bathrooms. Our products are made with organic cotton (no weird stuff) and we are constantly working to reduce our environmental impact! For every 10 tampons and pads we sell, we donate 1 to a menstruator in need. I call this people helping people. PERIOD.®